Having trouble connecting a Kindle Fire to wireless at Ferris? Here are some steps you can take to get connected after the device is turned on.
1. Click on the gear wheel icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Select Wi-Fi.
3. Select a FSUNet or FSUNetI access point from the list of available networks.
4. Select Connect.
5. Close out of the Wi-Fi settings window.
6. Select Web from the home page.
7. Try to go to a web site.
8. The wireless authentication page should appear. If it doesn't type in the following: fsuccas2.ferris.edu/auth/perfigo_cm_validate.jsp and select Go.
9. Type in your MyFSU user ID and password. Select Continue.
10. If an Allow Popup? window appears, select Allow.
You are now connected to the Ferris wireless network. To disconnect, go back to the Network Authentication tab and log out.
Please note that this process will not work in the residence halls at this time.
Special thanks to Linda Golden for assisting with this article.
Written by Jody Gardei