When you make a video and want to upload it to the Internet, the first place you probably think to go is YouTube. But there is another well-known video hosting site called Vimeo. YouTube is a video giant, with over 72 hours of video being uploaded every minute. Vimeo, on the other hand, is muchmore refined, simply because it aims to provide professional and inspiring videos. Both websites are effective for uploading and sharing video content, but which one is better?
Reasons to pick Vimeo:
- Vimeo tailors to creative video-makers, meaning that the video selection and the user experience in general is more refined.
- Vimeo has a less cluttered, more professional feel.
- Vimeo’s videos are ad-free.
- Vimeo has tons of great tools and options for your video, including password protection and website embedding widgets.
Reasons to pick YouTube:
- YouTube has extremely high traffic, so your videos will probably get more views.
- YouTube is more well known in general.
- YouTube is owned by Google, so YouTube videos show up well in Google web searches.
- Since YouTube is owned by Google, you already have a YouTube account if you have a Gmail or Google Plus account.
Written by Daniel Lidman