Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Sharon DelBello is replacing Jody Gardei as the TEO Coordinator. For the time being, she will be serving as liaison between the University community and ITS. Please feel free to call Sharon with suggestions, questions, or concerns. Her contact information is listed below.
Office: West 108
Are you doing your part?
- 96 percent of Americans feel a personal responsibility to be safer and more secure online.
- 93 percent believe their online actions can protect not only friends and family but also help to make the Web safer for everyone around the world.
To read more facts like these and tips on how to stay safe online at work and at home visit http://www.staysafeonline.org/ and http://www.stopthinkconnect.org/.
The Technology Assistance Center is pleased to announce two new members to the team, Andy Kaminsky and Sharon DelBello. Andy is replacing Mike Johnson in TAC Second Level Support and Sharon is replacing Jody Gardei in Communication and Outreach.
Sharon DelBello graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, majoring in Computer Information Systems. She has 10 years of experience working in IT at a financial institution. Sharon enjoys working with people, learning new things and is super excited to be an FSU Bulldog!
Do you or someone you know do any of the following?
· Write down your non-temporary passwords on sheet of paper, sticky note, or in carry-on notebook
· Save your passwords in a plaintext format or even excel spreadsheet with password protection only
· Store your password file in manila folder with the rest of your confidential folders on top of your desk, under your keyboard, taped to the back of your monitor, unlocked cabinet drawer or similar convenient place
· Use the same username and password for each personal and professional login account
· Have a hard time remembering passwords for different accounts and dread changing them
· Use password following only the minimum password requirement of 8 characters, at least 1 number, and upper case letter